[VAC] Picked up our Airstream but....

Well we returned home late last night from a wonderful 2+ week vacation that included picking up the 60 Overlander we purchased last October. I travelled solo from Calgary Alberta to Lancaster Ohio ( about 2200 miles) and picked up the trailer. My wife and 2 daughters ( 6 and 9) flew to Hamilton Ontario where I picked them up. We travelled through Northern Ohio and Indiana to Chicago for a 3 night hotel stay. Then on to Wisconsin Dells for 3 days and off to Sioux Falls and Mount Rushmore area in SD. Then cut through Wyoming and Montana on our way home.

We were able in Sioux Falls to visit the International Rally and meet some list friends in person including Scott & Lise Scheurman, Steve Hingtgen and others.

There was only one negative aspect to the trip BUT it was a big one. At the Mount Rushmore KOA we were hit with a huge hail storm. Hail stones up to about 1-1/2" in diameter riddled the curb-side and top with dents. It also broke 4 Jalousie window panes. We put the screens in plastic bags and reinstalled them to get us home and the rest of the trip was fine.  Of course we still have a sick feeling in the pit of our stomach when we look at the damage.

I will post some pics when they are developed. Right now I am feeling the damage is too extensive to repair and too noticeable to live with. I guess I'm thinking I may search for a new restoration candidate.

Terry O'Neill
Calgary, Alberta
wbcci 4786
vac