[VAC] Re:

 Jim:
Look at the two aluminum vertical pieces that are riveted to the vent &
attach to the crank-up assembly.  There might be two screws holding them in
place
If you don't want to climb on the roof, remove the inner bezel and crank
arms & unscrew the two screws holding the risers to the crank assembly, then
give the freed vent cover & risers a good push up to clear the trailer.  Go
out & get them to take the rivets out (I'm assuming you want to replace the
aluminum w/ newer material or Lexan cover).  To remove the risers, file the
rivet heads a bit to flatten them & use a center punch or nail to indent the
center of the rivet head (this keeps the drill bit from walking.  Drill the
rivet out with a 1/16" to 1/8" drill bit (much easier to do on a workbench
than on top of a trailer). If you're installing Lexan covers, write back &
I'll tell you all I know about that process.  There's a couple tricky steps
with the Lexan. When you're done you need to get the ladder out to drop the
cover & risers into the vent & screw them back to the crank assembly.  Your
A/S might be different, however
Jeff Miller
69 Overlander
01 Durango