[VAC] Re: Found one, now what?

I agree,
         If you're towing more than a few miles home it will be worth the
peace of mind to know it's not going to fall on the ground and drag behind
you.  Make sure you know what tires you want before you go anywhere for new
ones though because a lot of tire guys don't really know what an Airstream
needs.  I'm sure someone on the list can tell you what you need.  By the
way, I'm mentioning this because we just did what you're getting ready to
do and we did make it home, but it's only by the grace of God that we
didn't have a real problem.  When we took it in for new tires our mechanic
said the shock mount was rusted through and broken and he's not sure what
held the trailer up.  All I can say is Yikes!  So, don't do what I did
unless you're either a mechanic or won't be crushed if you have an accident
with your new trailer.  Oh, and if you get new tires, etc., check your lug
nuts every 100 miles for tightness.  Speaking from my parent's experience
here.  Good luck, and have fun!
Jodi
1965 Caravel (still in one piece)