[VAC] Stromberg tow car kits

Title: Re: [VAC] Burning Man
Hello all.
I managed to get ahold of a copy of Wally Byam's book, Trailer Travel:  Here and Abroad.  On page 75, he mentions "hydraulic brakes that are hooked to the hydraulic brakes of the car, and the brake pedal controls both car and trailer brakes."  I have heard of this type of braking system, called a "Stromberg tow car kit."  I have been unable to locate one in my area.  Does anyone know where I might locate one?  I would be interested in hearing any pros or cons to such a system.  I have a '57 Bubble, and I tow it with a '57 Chevy Suburban Carryall.  This hydraulic brake system seems to be a good way to utilize the existing hydraulic brakes on the trailer, which appear to be in excellent condition.  Otherwise, I will be forced to go with a different axle and electric brakes, with the controller in the truck cab.  Any comments appreciated.
Ken Reed