[VAC] Many faces of Bambi

There has been quite a bit of notice lately to the desirability of a small aluminum coach that is easily towed . . . Bambi.

Ralph Lauren jumps in with four $150,000 customized versions . . . too pricey for most people.

Others have remodeled the interiors on new Bambi's for more features.  In the vintage group we focus on the quality of construction materials on the older models and they are so desirable as to have become a collectable.

It seems clear to me that there is a market for a new Bambi that features an aluminum skin of a thickness and purity that lends itself to repair, fabrication and (years downstream) polishing.  Since everyone has a different idea about how to decorate/layout the interior, why not offer a stripped down interior (lower priced) that is wired and plumbed for gas and water.  Head should be included in this stripped down version.  It should also have a good hardwood floor.

Then prospective buyers could customize a clean interior to make it their mobile home.  In most cases that's what we get when we buy a home.  Why not do it with a Bambi?

Bob Kiger
http://mrminimal.com

1966 Airstream "Safari"  WBCCI #2857
1966 Ford F-250 "Camper Special"