[VAC] Re: By way of introduction....

Jim, I have a ' 68 Tradewind which I tow with a Ford F-150 extended cab 4x4
pickup with the 5.4L engine and a 3.54 rear axle and the trailer towing
package. I wanted the 3.73 axle but it's not available on the F-150 without
going to the heavy duty suspension which I didn't want because the truck
would ride so rough for my everyday transportation. Susan has a Ford
Expedition equipped the same way but we prefer to tow with the pickup
because of the longer wheelbase. I would not want to tow a trailer larger
than my 24 footer with either tow vehicle. If I were going to be towing
10,000 miles a year instead of occasional weekend trips and vacation, I
would want a different tow vehicle set up. Probably a 3/4 ton truck with a
turbo diesel but for limited towing I think it's satisfactory.

Jim Greene
Atlanta