[VAC] Re: Hammock

Jodi, what does the hammock hardware in your Caravel look like? I had two
folding bunk beds above the twin beds (one on each side) in a ' 73 Sovereign
I sold about 12 years ago. The beds were like a cot -- an aluminum frame
with canvas sewed on like a folding Army cot. The bunk folded so it was only
half as wide as the twin bed underneath when not in use. There were brackets
attached to the bulkheads that supported the bunks when in use. Worked fine
for kids and they never rolled off in the night. Wish I had some now for my
Tradewind. When new, they were very expensive. One sold on Ebay a couple of
months ago that needed new canvas. Even used and needing new canvas it sold
for about $100 as I remember. I think I could make one if I decided I really
had to have one.

Jim Greene