[VAC] Re: Split Rims '62 Bambi (New Rims Question)

"SPLIT RIMS!!  Those could cut a man in half or take a finger right off"--
That is what I told when I had a flat somewhere in San Bernardino and they
recommended I changed all the tire and rims because the Split Rims are
dangerous.

We thought the guy was joking but is true those suckers can be dangerous.  I
wish I had done it back then because now I really should and we will
probably change them out ourselves.   My trailer is stored out in BFE at a
campground and we will have to bring the new tires in and exchange them.
Does anyone see a problem with us doing it ourselves and are there any
additional tips on choosing rims/tires?

Jeanavive
64 Overlander
Oakland, Ca