[VAC] Split Rims '62 Bambi

Hi All,

I am bringing my Bambi in to an Airstream Dealer to have new tires put on
for the summer.  The service manager there told me if I have split rims they
could not put new tires on the trailer-has anyone heard of this before?
Does anyone know if originally the 1962 Bambi came with split rims?

I am also interested in putting white walls on for aesthetic value-they seem
to be giving me some pushback on that as well-they say they will only put
certified trailer tires on and that you can't find whitewalled trailer
tires-Argh!

Thank you, as always, for the incredible help here...

Kit