[VAC] Re: Vulkem

According to Inland RV, Vulkem 616 is correct, not 116. See their notice on the
VAC site:

   http://airstream.net/classifieds/classifieds.phtml?cat=Notices

I'm not sure whether this is intended as a public service or an advertisement,
or both.  It's a little hard to decipher, but it seems that Airstream
recommends and sells 616 (or is that supposed to be Inland RV talking...?)

I have used Parrlastic sucessfully around replacement vents.  It's a form of
Parr Bond, but now I'm not sure it's the right one.  As implied by its name,
it's flexible, and seems to have worked OK on my Fantastic Vent.  I think Parr
Bond would probably be better for skin panel joints, since it's more of a
putty.

BTW, has anyone used or heard of Tenex (or maybe it's Ten-X)?  I believe this
sealant was recommended by Avion back in the 60's.  A tube of it came with my
Avion and I used it when I replaced my outside 120v outlet.  Accordng to notes
from one of the previous owner, it was used to generally caulk the joints, and
must be OK, since I have no leaks...so far.  I should probably get some Vulkem
and go over the skin as soon as I get the chance.

Don