[VAC] Re: Damaged black water tank

Title: Damaged black water tank
Thanks for the feed back on the damaged black water tank. I removed the toilet and discovered that the seal of the tank has been very corroded and I have three major cracks in the upper side of the tank. My service center, Northwoods RV, seems confident they can repair or replace the unit.  As far as removal, I was able to disconnect all the vent pipe, remove the dump valve and finally a cut a 4" x 4" flooring piece out and the tank was remove through the rear closet. This was a very clean removal, and I don't think it would have been able to drop the tank from below the trailer due to the steel framing.  Hopefully, by next week everything will be working. I do have some reservations about re-installing the heavy ceramic toilet on the plastic bath flooring but I do want to keep it original. Theftford makes a light weight plastic toilet but my ceramic is in excellent condition...

Bill J.  66 Globetrotter....