[VAC] Re: Marmoleum Tile

Marmoleum is old fashioned linoleum made from linseed oil and the fiber left from crushing the seeds [those into health foods will recognize linolic acid, which comes from linseed, hence the name linoleum].  Marmoleum has a linseed oil (paint) smell which takes a while to dissipate, especially in a confined area.  The color goes through the wear surface (approximately 3/16 in.).  Though the material is a little soft, and wears, it lasts a long time due to the thickness of the wearing surface.

Some years ago I bought some (enough for a half dozen or so library tables) direct from the US distributor, which is in Texas (if I remember correctly).  I don't think they have national local distribution. Just tell them that you are an Airstream restorer and the designer specified Marmoleum. I'm sure they will sell it to you.

The product comes from Ireland, and often all colors are not in stock. It comes in sheets (like sheet vinyl or linoleum) and cut into tile.

Oliver Filippi