[VAC] Vistaview windows

1976 Airstream, 25footer, with double pain vistaview
(those long and narrow windows above the regular
windows- 4 of them) are clouded and a mess.  I've been
told that you can break out the inside (carefully) and
reseal the glass afterwards (and cleanup the mess
inside the windows).  I've done one and have a
difficult mess on my hands.  The pull down shade will
not allow the upper (top of the window) to be worked
to get the old gray seal out. Plus it is tough as
gooey nails.

Has anyone ever tried this and found a good way to get
the inside glass out without removing the headliners
and reinstalling them?  Is there anyone out there that
has done this and lived to tell about it without
losing  their fingers and eyes to slivers of glass?
HELP!

D-Bell, bleeding and frustrated