[VAC] Re: Vintage Puller

My approach is going to be to put on the exhaust and then take the puller into the carb guy with one mandate.  Do everything to fuel flow and vacuum to increase gas mileage.  He is a wiz and has already told me that he will set the carb on the margin to get a couple of miles more per gallon.  That might reduce performance a bit, but as I mentioned the truck is so hot at the low end that I could sacrifice a little performance.

The numbers are staggering in terms of operating costs.  Even 1mpg is 10% increase in fuel economy.  I would not be pursuing this if I had a modern puller that was getting 20mpg or just a regular passenger car with 25+mpg.  I am still aiming for 14-15mpg and will know by next week.

Thanks for all your advice.
Bob