[VAC] Vintage Puller

I am getting ready to show my "new" 66 Ford F-250 "Camper Special" via
pictures on my web site but first I have a few questions for the old pros on
the list.
The truck has a 4:10 rear end. It has enormous low end pick up and cruises
at 75mph. Is this the optimal rear end or should I move to something a bit
higher like a 3:90 to pull my 66 Safari? Gas mileage is currently 10 mpg
without towing :(
Second question is the role of exhaust in braking the vehicle. I have
heard that dual exhaust that are very efficient may be problematic when it
comes to slowing down. Is there truth to this?
Lastly, there is a lot of stuff preventing exhaust pipes from making it to
the rear of the rear wheels. (e.g. 2 auxiliary gas tanks) I am thinking
of just using a right angle exhaust tip about three feet behind the
mufflers. Will that further exacerbate the back pressure issue if there
is one?
Bob

1966 Airstream "Safari"  WBCCI #2857
1966 Ford F-250 "Camper Special"