[VAC] Re: Removing the dreaded silicone caulk

Lincoln,
I've had great success with a product called "Orange Waterless" that I
picked up from a custodial supply store.  It is a pure citrus cleaner but
very powerful.  The prior owner had smeared silicone caulk all over my 71
Safari.  Just spray it on, let it soak for five minutes or so and wipe or
scrape off with a plastic putty knife.  Might take a couple of applications
but it does the job.  Keep in mind that it will also remove your clear coat
if you have any left on your trailer.  That was not a concern for me as I am
removing my clear coat anyway.

Jerry Sulkin
71 Safari