[VAC] towing basics for new and old....

http://www.sherline.com/lm.htm

The URL is the location of the internet page on the Sherline tongue weight
scale and their towing handbook.. I would like to suggest this handbook be
the first suggestion to anyone who comes to the group with a plea for help
for the new owner...Too many time the concept of towing a sizeable trailer
is not understood at all and the equalizer hitch and the concept of tongue
weight monitoring totally foreign....The first 10 pages or so are all about
towing concepts and the last 5 or so about the scale and its use...I have
talked myself into buying a scale and although I understand I can get the
job done with the bathroom scale and some planks and bricks, I think this
is the more elegant solution...

If nothing else, the handbook is a starting point for discussions complete
with illustrations that clear up what you are trying to get across....

I have a red pencil /pen, so if anyone spots an untruth or misleading
statement, I am ready to correct my copy..
.
If you are wondering who Sherline is, you obviously don't read any of the
shop mags... they make a bunch of small machining equipment and sponsor a
national contest for the best machining project.  Apparently the scale was
something they thought they needed and made it... then made it available to
the rest of us...

Comments???

Jim Clark

jec1938@corecomm.net