[VAC] Re: Pergo

Gerald:

Having worked with the stuff a bit, I'm not worried. First, it's heavy.
Second, there's a lot of friction in the contact with the underlying foam.
Third, in an A/S application, you'd caulk around the entire perimeter,
preventing any fore and aft or sideways movement. Fifth, I don't think it
would rise any, because with the caulk around the edge, it's pretty
airtight. THere's just no way for large amounts of air to get between the
pergo and the subfloor, at least not fast enough to permit "flying" over
bumps. All theory, of course, as I've never sat in a pergo-equiped airstream
at speed over bumps, but pretty sound theory, I believe. Unless, I guess,
the subfloor flexes quite a bit, which I think would cause problems, pergo
or no.

Dan