[VAC] Re: Testing the plug connection

> Are you working with a "factory tow package on the truck"... ie.. the new
> standard for the truck plug..??.

	GP - Not a tow package, but a new 7 pin plug

> When you say the lights work, do you mean stop, turn and clearance??

	GP - yup, work when plugged into the truck, but not with my test set up.

> When you say you don't get anything to energize with the manual test
> lashup, how are you checking the magnets?? just listening for some sound??

	GP - Lights didn't work, hence either did the brakes.

> Do the magnets energize when you pull the disconnect switch ?? (assuming
> you have one)

	GP - Ah-ha - that was the next question (I don't have a disconnect), assuming that's a trip to a service rep.

> I am not sure when Airstream switched to the "new standard", but others
> will be able to come up with that ... I would suggest trying to locate the
> correct terminals by back feeding the various circuits... Put the battery
> on the circuit at the magnet end, and check with a meter to find the
> terminal on the plug that corresponds to the brake wiring... if you can't
> find a terminal that works, it is open somewhere....

	GP - That's a good idea.  I'll try that, thanks.

	Gillian