[VAC] Re: Cleaning Zylotone

I will pass on some advice that may be helpful to someone. I've not had an
opportunity to test this method first-hand, but I trust the source...

Arlene Fowler has a business which restores Airstream interiors. She has had
much time and material to experiment on the best methods. She recommends the
following product:

Crown "Spray Power" which comes from Crown Marketing in Nicholasville, KY.
1-800-827-2364. Directions on container say essentially, spray on, wipe off
with damp sponge and for heavy soiling scrub with a stiff bristle brush. It
contains ethylene glycol monobutyl ether and sodium metasilicate. I would
surmise its available from other industrial suppliers in your area. Possibly
using the ingredients, you could get close. I'm not certain, but I believe a
gallon was around $11.

Arlene also recommends immediately applying Armor-All over the areas you
clean. This might address the concern raised over drying out the zylotone
over time. She says it delays the return of the 'sticky' residue which forms
on the surface, and seems to reform continually over time.

-Dallas