[VAC] Re: Pergo

Charles: Having just put down pergo in my house, I love it and am about to
do the same in my trailer. Have a couple of thoughts: first, make sure
you've sealed all leaks before you install the stuff, as it won't tolerate
moisture. And use the installation method recommended for moisture-prone
areas, which involves caulking the expansion space around the floor's edge.
3Second, I've done quite a bit of research on Pergo-like stuff, and applied
Pergo Presto, currently only available through HOme Depot, in my kitchen.
This stuff snaps together and requires no glue around the edges of the
boards as does traditional pergo. My information says that seams are tighter
and thus more resistent to surface water than glued seams, problems with
joint failure and glue haze on the floor surface are eliminated, and that
the installation is easier. My installation was VERY easy, and the result
looks great and is the easiest floor I've ever had to keep clean. Lets stay
in touch with one another on our flooring progress, and share
trailer-installation related tips.

Dan
75 Argosy 26