[VAC] Heartbroken 'cause my AS can't take flight

Hi folks...

I thought I had done sufficient research on obtaining a Texas title for my
1968 AS. Before I purchased my 1968 Caravel, the folks in the tax assessor's
office said a Bill of Sale would be sufficient to title the trailer since I
planned to purchase it in Georgia. Georgia does not require titles on
trailers 1986 and newer.

Well I'm a bit heartbroken because today I went to the tax assessor's office
with my Bill of Sale and was told without proof of registration from the
previous owner I would not be able to get a title. I could request a
hearing, or get a bonded title. I'm new to all this...could anyone offer
encouragement and advice. I feel like a big dork, not getting the required
documents BEFORE I purchased my AS. To make matters worse, the individual
from whom I purchased the trailer is on vacation until the middle of July,
so no shake down trips for me and my wife anytime soon.

Forlorn in Texas
Jeff