[VAC] Re: Airstream prejudice: AGE

Gerald,
 A more likely scenario in our situation is the chuck-full tank sitting
in the sun and popping the pressure relief valve. And all that gas is
escaping, just looking for a spark. :-(

When I bought the Avion trailer, the tanks were full, but the mounting
assy. on the 'A' frame was all loose. It was bad enough that I removed
the tanks for the trip home. When I got home, those tanks, sitting in
the bed of my P/U, were exposed to direct sunlight and popped off at the
P.R. valves. They hadn't done that at the previous owner's place because
the trailer was parked with the tounge facing to the North. So, whoever
filled them last had OVER-filled them and created a potentially
dangerous situation.

Of course, that dunderhead who is over-filling the propane tanks is the
same one who worked at the RV place a couple of weeks ago and packed
your wheel bearings......

                                          <<Jim>>