[VAC] Re: Peters & Russell Inc, Water Pump

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Peters & Russell Inc, Water Pump
The Peters & Russell (PAR) pumps were the high-end, heavy duty demand pump of the era.

Later variations of the pump can be found at better RV supply houses -
one of my favorite places is:
http://www.metrorv.com/store/group.cfm?SubCategoryID=171

The repair kit for the old pump is about $22.00. Metro RV noted above
may even have it if you ask. I've got them from our local Airstream
dealer in the past.

Beware of the inexpensive replacement Shur-flo's you see at the camping
stores. They are notoriously unreliable, hard priming, noisy, low GPM
and short lived.  I recommend the PAR's or higher end Shur-flos.  New
pumps are about $180 to $220 after you factor in all the parts, plus the
time involved in converting the electrical, plumbing and mounting
interfaces.  Makes a good argument to keep the old PAR running if the
noise doesn't bother you - plus they are freeze resistant.

On the other hand, the new PAR's are very quiet, and they have units
that have low amp draw for those using solar power.

RJ
VintageAirstream.com