[VAC] Re: caulking seams/Vulkem

I've used a produce called "Cool Seal" on the trailer seams. I don't know
the manufacturer. I picked it up at the airstream store in Jackson Center,
but suspect it is available elsewhere. It is aluminum colored, much more
liquid than vulkem and very easy to work with. It comes in a small metal
tooth past like tube with about an 16th to 8th inch opening at the end of a
1 to 2 inch nozzle. It wicks into the seam leaving a thin clean line sealing
the seam.  It has held up well for three years now.  I touch up as needed.
I use vulkem around all openings, over the window, door, around the roof
vents (primary source of AS leaks in my experience)and other through the
skin fittings.

Jim White
1969 Overlander
1984 AS 345