[VAC] Re: caulking seams/Vulkem

Our local A/S dealer suggests an Alcoa-made gutterseal for caulking seams.
It comes in tubes about 8" long, and is colored with an aluminum pigment.
Having applied both the Alcoa and the Vulkum products, I find the Alcoa
gutterseal much easier and cleaner to apply and blend into the seams - and
it seems less noticable than the caulking (I'm now using the vulkum more for
the underbelly and larger gaps).   I'm not sure yet how long it lasts, but
it may be an alternative to caulking (and shaping) the Vulkum.

Christian
'66 Caravel