[VAC] Re: 72 Safari/ single axel vs. tandem axel

John,

The additional axle, wheels, tires assembly adds about 300 - 400 pounds to
the towing weight and the price of having bearings packed and brakes
adjusted (unless you do it yourself) will double as will the cost of
replacing tires and brakes.  Some storage space is lost due to the volume of
floor-cabinet space occupied by the additional wheel wells on each side.

If you require the additional weight carrying capacity of a tandem axle
trailer and have a towing vehicle capable of pulling the added weight, then
the tandem is probably right for you.

I have a '66 Safari 22' with single axle.  My rate of progress in restoring
this trailer so that it can be towed is so slow that I am not able to share
any observations about it's capabilities or limitations.

Harvey