[VAC] Re: Leaf Spring type Axle

The person I acquired my '56 Bubble from had replaced the axle on the
unit, primarily because that was least cost effective way to get electric
brakes on the trailer.  It also raised the trailer about 3.5 inches which
 now make possible to use  ST225/15 tires and change tires with out
having jack/block up the trailer to clear fender wells. The other
advantage is the trailer  tongue height  matches thetongue  height of my
other unit so I can change trailer  useage  withthe hitch heights being
adjusted.

The original leaft spring were deemed OK and were reused.  Might suggest
that you check with a firm that sells livestock trailers and other types
of commercial trailers as these folks have a level of expertise about
axles and brakes  for the older, smaller trailers, thatis  hard to find
in most RV shops.  Plus cost are more reasonable.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com