[VAC] Re: rusty frames?

Jill
My experience may not be typical.  The bambi sat in Sacramento with a 14" x 24"
hole in the roof (no vent) for over ten years before I got it.  I also found
three rivets had been put into the drain from a repair to the belly pan.  So my
frame probably had more rust than most.  Also my rust is/was not yet in danger
of causing structural collapse, it just had to be removed before I can paint
it.  I will be using a product called POR 15 to repaint the hidden part of the
frame, it is used alot on rusty parts and bonds very well to the rust (so long
as the loose stuff is brushed off).  It should outlast me so I only have to do
this once.
Jeff
'61 Bambi on saw horses