[VAC] Re: Leaf Spring type Axle

David,

Before you go and get yourself a new axle, ask yourself, "What is wrong with the one I have?" If it is brakes, get yourself loaded backing plates. If it is bushings, replace them. If it is the springs, then you might want to think about replacing the whole thing. What I am saying is, just because it is old doesn't mean that it needs replacing. If there is just one or two minor problems go ahead and fix them. However if there are many problems, then you might want to replace the whole axle.

Leaf spring axles have been around a lot longer that the Dura-Torques. They also are not known to need rebuilding/replacing after 35 years like the Dura Torques. If the whole axle needs to be replaced then I would suggest going with another leaf spring axle.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander