[VAC] Trailer sway

Don, besides the weight forward issue raised by others, I believe the
1500 Suburban is a bit light weight for your size a/s. I would have gone
the 2500 model for that extra bit of control and safety (stronger axles,
suspension, brakes). I tow my 26' Overlander with both a '99 Dodge
Durango, and a '97 Chevy 2500 pickup. The Durango requires a load
leveling hitch for control (cinched down hard), but the 3/4 ton Chevy
handles the a/s without equilizer and is very stable in strong cross
winds. You may also have to strengthen the rear suspension of your
Suburban. The rear springs may be twisting under the cross wind
conditions. Some rear air shocks or helper springs may correct this.
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander
Denver