[VAC] Re: Water Tank Cap <- way to secure?

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Re: Water Tank Cap <- way to secure?
With the introduction of the Peters & Russell water pressure pump
(mid '60's) the tanks became poly plastic and vented at the top of the
tank through an overflow fitting and tube.

Prior to that, the tanks were galvanized and the option existed to
pressurize the whole system with a Grover air compressor - or through a
Schrader valve fitting in the filler cap.

Our '65 Caravel has the vented tank and P&R pump, but the cap has an
unthreaded blank hole where the valve would have been on the prior year
models.

I think the filler caps should at least be bug tight on the later
models.

RJ
'65 Carvel
'57 Flying Cloud