[VAC] Re: new door handle and lock

We soon tired of the challenge of inserting the key and wiggling it just right for the original lock on
our '67 Caravel.  I was delighted to find the very same knob/handle at a local RV shop.  The only
problem in fit is that the Caravel throw bolt is much longer than that supplied with the new one.  It
was rather easy to just remove the old throw bolt (it looked to be in great shape), replacing the
shorter one on the new unit.  I do recall a bit of a challenge with springs?... but easily doable.
    The new unit lacked a proper rubber/plastic sealer to go between lock and door aluminum, but I just
cleaned up the old one, Armoral-ed it, and put it back to use.
    Huff