[VAC] Re: Tapping into an existing septic system

You need a trap in the line to the septic tank. I've been thinking of
making a drain station when I put in a septic tank for the new house I
plan to build. I figure on a Y in the inlet pipe at some convenient
distance from the septic tank, then a P trap and a riser to the surface.
you could easily pump, but still need that water trap to keep fumes in
the tank. You also want your pipe to rise above the tank so effluent
from the house doesn't backup into your inlet. Or you want a check
valve, but in sewage lines, check valves are problematic.

Gerald J.