[VAC] Re: furnace

Scott, isn't the recommended procedure to light all of the other LP
appliances to purge the air from the lines and especially whatever is
closest (down line even better) to the furnace? That should clear the air
from the lines. Then, if the lines are clear and it doesn't light you have
eliminated fuel problems. You should be able to light the furnace pilot (if
so equipped) even if nothing else on the furnace works. I'm not familiar
with the newer pilotless models with electronic ignition but I hear the
electronic boards go out all too often. If the pilot lights, then see if the
thermocouple will hold the pilot on. If not, it may be a faulty thermostat.
Try pulling the thermostat off and shorting the wires together. If that
doesn't light things up, it may be the main gas valve. I don't know what to
do about those other than replacing it. The furnace mfgs say the furnace
should be installed and repaired by the selling dealer or a dealer in any
case and caution against do-it-yourself furnace work. Of course, I do it
anyway. Sometimes I can actually fix things myself and avoid the $60-75/hr
labor service rate. You do have fuel in the tank(s) and the valves are open?
Right?

Really aggravating to have something quit working at just the worst possible
time.

Jim