[VAC] Re:

Dan: K&N Filterchargers can be found at
http://www.knfilters.com/.
I bought my "generation II" model at 4 Wheel Parts store for about $250,
which includes the ram tube, heat shield, filter and mounting parts. It
works exceptionally well and is easy to install. The unit adds
conservatively 10% or 25 hp onto the 5.9's stock 245 hp. I found the 5.9
to be way too restrained, compared to GM's Vortex engines. I used to do
the flip the aircleaner lid as well, but this voids the emission
controls (EGR etc.). The generation II keeps all the stock emission
hookups in tack and will pass emission tests in 50 states, including
California's strict requirements.  Even at our mile high altitude, the
small block 5.9 opens up and storms. At sea level, it almost is scary.
My next project is to add a Borla SS tuned exhaust system which will add
another 70-100 hp. The Borla system runs dual exhaust through two cat
back mufflers systems. Banks offer similar systems using K&N
systems.
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander
Denver