[VAC] Re: 7 Pin Wiring Electrical Connector

Dr. G and Marc-

Thank you very much for the responses.   I started by regrounding the rear
lights this afternoon, and will start replacing rivets holding the marker
light bases tomorrow night.   I will also reground to the skin and frame
somewhere (although I'm reluctant to drill into the frame...).   What I
don't understand, though, is why all running lights would not function if
one marker light has a bad ground - seem like the one with a bad ground
simply wouldn't work.   Also, why would this make it appear as if the ground
wire (the white one) is not functional?

And another question:  there is a small aluminum access panel under the
right front of the trailer, in which the wires from the hitch wiring harness
are attached to wires that spread throughout the trailer (wire nut
attachments).  There is small metal unit (1 cm x 1 cm x 2cm) with two posts
that is attached to the aluminum access panel - one post has a blue wire
attached and the other post has blue and red wires.  The blue wire seems to
be for charging the battery, and is attached to one that is in the hitch
harness.  The red wires are not attached to the red wire in the hitch
harness (and therefore apparently unrelated to the left turn and stop
light).  Any idea what this little unit does?

Regards,
Christian
'66 Caravel