[VAC] Re: trailer weights

The "A" frame on my 1965 tradewind is box It extends back under the trailer
aboute 2 ft to where it joins the main frame rails.
 the plates that the axels are joined to are aprox 6ft long and extend to
within 4ft of the rear of the trailer. The "C" section maine rails are aprox
1/8 in thick (probaly 10 gage.) this is probaly the reason I have not had a
provlem with tail sag. the cross members are of very light gage stampings.
the out riggers are the same.
I removed the belly pan to inspect the frame and to run additional wireing.
as I am converting to all electric . i found the frame to be in supriseingly
good shape.
The aluminum skin is in bad shape I will replace it with 1/4 in plywood which
I will treat with saturating epoxy and taint. also will add more insulation
under the  floor.
I bought all new electric appliances (fridge $200 deep frezer $250 hot water
htr 2 1/2 gal fasr recovery$120.)less than half what an gas fridge would
cost. Freezer will fit where the gas range was. I d
have a 2 burner dual fuel hotplate to cook on (alcohol or 120 volt electric.)
Iwill finaly be able to get rid of the gas bottles on the toungh.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)