[VAC] Re: trailer weights

You guys are making me think here...  The "c" channel extended to the "a"
frame in the front on the 50's models.  I believe the "a" frame on your
tradewind is box.  I'm trying to remember if the box frame went all the way
to the rear of my 62 Globetrotter.  Anyway Airstream went to a heavier
frame in the early 60's.  Perhaps someone can jump in and explain all this
better than I.  What I do know is Airstream seems to be gaining weight over
the years. (Aren't we all!).  They are trying to reverse that a bit, but
even the new 16' Bambi seems heavy to me - - - 3,000 lbs vs 2000 on the old
ones.

Ken Johansen
59 Traveler