[VAC] Re: Subject: Durango

Randy,
No attack coming and I think you have some good points about not wanting a
diesel, but I disagree on some aspects for somebody trying to decide between
gas or diesel.  First, if you trade vehicles often, the gas engine is the
way to go (like you said) because of the extra price of the diesel engine.
I will recoup my $4000.00 only after about 80 thousand miles at 18 MPG
instead of 10 or less like you get when towing.  Second, with the diesel,
you already have more towing power than you will ever need.  Third, if you
get a Ford, or Dodge the resale value of the diesel IS better than the gas
(The old Detroit sucks and everybody knows it).   Fourth, Ford is coming out
with the V6 Power Stroke as a option to power the half-ton trucks and SUV's
and most likely will be just as awesome as the PSD V8 in my F-250.  Fifth,
diesel fuel is again cheaper than gas unlike last year and the trend will
most likely continue.  I pay 1.35 a gallon.  Lastly, the new diesels with
electronic everything, start in any weather.
Like you said though, if it's strictly city driving and parking garages with
the occasional camping trip, the gasser is probably the way to go.  If one
is serious about towing though, there is no comparison.
Randy
76 Sov
99 PSD