[VAC] Re: hookup with 6 pin round connector

Dr. G,

Great picture of the bargman connector.  Something I can really understand.
Too bad that A/S and Livingston didn't do it likewise.

Only thing I found that's different is that the '91 Chevy van has a
different
color code.  Couldn't find a suitable plug kit and replaced a previous
owner's installation with the proper color wires.  The yellow wire for the
connector is described as the backup.  I matched the 4 pin flat connector
and used a yellow wire for the left turn and used a brow/yellow lead for the
backup light.

The older A/S connector is very difficult to change attachments as each
crimp-on lug  must be an exact length.  As a result, the modification had to
be made at the connector to the end of the umbilical connecting to the tow
vehicle.  Guess it doesn't matter as long as the wiring to the connector at
the van is standard so I can use a standard umbilical to tow other units.

I'll get a-round-to-it after more pressing renovation aspects of the Safari
are completed.

Hard to keep up with the needs, replace the Univolt, get an e-meter, replace
refrigerator, and the faster I go - the behinder I get! :)  Then, I'm very
thankful for the list contributors for keeping me in line so I usually work
smarter and don't have to repeat a lot of work!

                                                      '69 Safari, Joy