[VAC] Re: Durango

Gerald,

What we have is a '96 extended cab, long box Dodge Ram with a manual 5 spd.
It has about as long of a wheel base as they come. However it does manuver
suprisingly well for something this big.

Jim Dunmeyer has a similiar setup with the automatic transmission. He
reports solo mpg to be 17 city 21 hwy. 15 with their 6000# Avion. I was
hoping for 15 while towing so it looks like I will get that and maybe more.
I will let you know the milage obtained on our maiden voyage to the Region 4
Rally.

My old tow vehicle was a '93 F250 with a regular cab, long bed with a
factory 10,000 pound tow package. It hardly noticed my Overlander! I expect
the Dodge to have to work harder to keep things up to speed on the hills but
the added economy will more than make up for it.

Bio diesel sounds like a good idea. FYI Ohio does an emissions test on
diesels. They test for particulates. They allow 20 (presumably ppm), my
Cummins with 206K miles on it produced only 0.2! As far as diesels go this
is a clean running truck.

Scott