[VAC] Re: black water tank

Seems that the above the floor holding tank vs. the below the floor holding
tank issue has been around for a long time.  The above the floor design
certainly seems easier to engineer, especially if the toilet is moved to a
center/side location near the axle.  I saw this application in what appeared
to be a bambi at the CBR earlier this year.  Unfortunately, I forgot the
restorer's name, but the layout was really neat with custom owner fabricated
interior.  Didn't see pictures of how the black water tank was situated or
dumped.

The A/S service manual for 1972 indicates that 21, 23, and 25 foot units had
the black water tank installed ABOVE the floor and the toilet above the
holding tank.

For a rear bath unit, it seems possible that above the floor tanks might
still be available for non-A/S application.  I've also seen the porta-potty
set in a nitch.  Though not as convenient as the permanent installations, it
satisfies a need.  I carry one in my conversion van for emergency
situations!

                                             '69 Safari, Joy