[VAC] Re: external/internal paint removal

I stripped all the old paint off the exterior of a '60's Cardinal TT using
that orange BIX stripper... most of the paint came right off the aluminum
with a single application. For the top, i ran the more liquid version
through a wagner paint-sprayer, and once the stripper had done its work,
just hosed it all off with a garden hose. It's supposed to be pretty
eco-friendly, in that the water neutralizes it...  For the paint on the
sides, especially where there was primer under the logo, i used the paste
version of Bix... took a couple of applications to get down through the
primer stuff... but it does work, and you don't need to get after it with
anything abrasive that would scuff the aluminum.

I've got the same deal on the Trailwind - someone had painted over the
interior zolotone with white paint... i had some leftover BIX in a spray
bottle, and squirted it onto a couple of places, and it worked just great.
I'm going to strip the interior down to the aluminum, and polish it lightly
before i put the whole thing back together... when i've got the Airstream
interior done, I'll see if i can stand it - if not, i'll do an original
zolotone finish...

Anyone had any luck finding any lightweight floor material?

As for the panel/skin repair - check this out:

http://www.tinmantech.com/html/kent_white.html

He travels around doing trainings and such - I'm thinking of having him come
over the hill here to Reno and do a workshop, if i can line up some other
students...

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
'49 Jeepster