[VAC] Re: Bambi is a heavyweight

Hi folks, FYI.  We have pulled our 66' Overlander with two different half
ton suburbans.  The first was a 1984 Diesel and the second is a 1990 gas
engine.  The 1990 has overload springs on the back axle which I have
discovered can be un hooked so you are not getting the stiff ride when
empty.  The overloads add a lot of stiffening to the ride, along with the
sway bars.  However I was very saticefied with the first suburban...traveled
a lot of mountain roads, both dirt and paved and saw our share of wind as
well.  The Overlander is fairly light though, I think about 4900 pounds.  I
like the aerodynamics of the suburban and the airstream together.  Although
at first I thought I needed a 3/4 ton suburban, now I am saticefied with the
1/2 ton.  I still dream of a diesel with the tank full of recycled cooking
oil as fuel!  Some comparitive info. GShippen