[VAC] Bambi is a heavyweight

I could never figure why my Bambi with a published
hitch weight of 180 lbs. flattened the rear leaf
springs on my Jeep Cherokee. I thought that the Jeep
must  have soft springs for better off-road
performance. I was very careful not to add weight to
the vehicle when I restored it. It took me two years
to find a toilet lighter than the original.  I finally
took the Jeep and the Bambi to a hitch shop.  The
hitch weight of the Bambi was a staggering 400 lbs.,
and the water tank was not even totally full. I guess
this blows away the myth that Bambi's are the perfect
trailer for a small car.