[VAC] Re: Roof AC NOT okay on '59??

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Re: Roof AC NOT okay on '59??
Charlie can probably answer this better, but here's what I found on 1968
trailers & earlier.

Unless reinforced at production or by retrofit, there is only one frame
fore or aft of each vent opening.  That may not be enough to support the
weight of the AC unit and the loads induced during road travel.  Combine
that with the skin distortion caused by the clamping action between the
interior flange and shroud and the roof-top AC unit (this is what holds
the unit in place), and you can see why I removed our late model
Duo-Therm AC.

I think if you got an AC unit that downvented at the front of the unit
and mounted it over the frame aft of a vent, that would support the
weight.  (using the opposite configuration for a vent with a forward
frame).

The interior flange and shroud would need to be small to not distort or
flatten the crown skin panel.  I wonder if any one has found such a
unit?

RJ
'65 Caravel