[VAC] Re: The VACList reminder - List Office

John,
 The Email List is much easier for folks who participate in more than
one discussion group. Everything is delivered to your mailbox in one
swell foop, er.. fell swoop, when you first do a "Get Mail". There is no
need to go to a web site someplace, read the mail, then go to a
different site for another group, etc. You're using YOUR mail client, so
the interface is the same, no matter which group you're participating in
at the moment.

OTOH: You can read an online forum without any need to Subscribe, there
is no need to Unsubscribe if you tire of the group, and (the best part!)
there's all the old mail sitting there so you can get up to speed if
you've just found the group. In fact, reading the old messages may
convince you that you're not interested in the group at all. I've use
YahooGroups in this manner. (preview and review)

Given a choice, I'll always opt for the "Subscribe" type of discussion
group, but I do like the Preview and Review features of the Web-based
message board. The nice thing about YahooGroups is that they have BOTH
options. Hunter's AirstreamList is hosted on YahooGroups, so you have
the option with that group.

                                           <<Jim>>