[VAC] Patching water heater

About 1991 the tank in my Bambi developed leaks at the bottom due to using it for two winters in the high salt content of Arizona. We removed the tank, took it to an aluminum welder.  He made a curved piece the size  of the flat part of the tank and welded it over the old leaky part.  It was still holding in 2001 when the heater had to be replaced for other reasons.  The "new " part was much heavier than the original tank.  At that time it cost $40.  Much less than a new tank.

Kathy #17792