[VAC] Re: Electrical Independence

Great story Dr. G.
         I have heard recently of new technology 12 volt batts that are as
good as 6 volt golf cart batts and have been used in some of the
Airstreams.  If I wanted to begin to builo an independent system could I
not just buy one of those and get the charge off the existing
Univolt?  Then when I get a few more bucks add one more.

If that would work than, when I do tow a distance, my pullers alternator
will do some serious charging work and I will have enough power to
microwave dinner, vacuum up afterwards and watch "X-files :)

Your parents had it right.  They got the job done.  They were not
overwhelmed with options.  They had a strong vehicle and they put it to
good use.  That's why I have been exploring the power of the puller
engine.  I am not adverse to putting a special plug on the front end of the
puller that made a very short run directly to the trailers storage
batts.  With all it's inefficiency, it would be better than no power in a
pinch.  It could augmen t my future solar system on a rainy day.

Do you know what the largest practical output is on a truck alternator?

I wish I were a tech genius like you and <<Jim>> but my calling in life has
been more in Design not Engineering.
Bob